2020 Blizzard Firebird Competition 76 Ti snow skis with bindings
- Free Shipping Over $200
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
2020 Blizzard Firebird Competition 76 with Marker 12.0 TPX IQ binding system. This ski is available only with this binding.
• Ski Dimensions are 126-76-107.
• Side cut radius is 15 meters (174 cm)
For 2020 Blizzard offers high speed, front side carving models in its Firebird series of skis. The Competition 76 is a brand new model for the guy who craves the best possible performance on smooth, high speed snow conditions. Many of us spend the majority of our time on groomed snow, so why not own the best ski possible for all those days? The design of this ski started with a totally clean sheet of paper. Yes, its built like a race ski inside, but with a totally different waist width, and multi radius sidecut shape. It also includes a high performance, and very user friendly Marker TPX 12 binding system.
If you are looking for a ski that make any turn shape, from super short to longer radius, at exhilarating speeds, on any smooth snow surface from soft to rock hard, the Firebird Competition should be at the top of your list. For the skier who likes to go fast, this is simply an amazing ski.
Blizzard says, "The Firebird Competition 76 offers up a super versatile, frontside ski with race carving fun. The Multi-Radius sidecut lets you punch out quick short turns as well as long radius turns with great frontside performance, versatility and ease of use. C-Spine gives you that edge but with an easy and versatile feel. Pros and recreational racers alike will marvel at the versatility, stability and incredible handling that have made the Competition 76 a new benchmark for high performance On-Piste skiing."
- C-Spine is a two layer graphite beam running tip to tail, through the center of the core. This unique graphite structure improves rebound from turn to turn.
- 2mm Tip Rocker profile is just enough rocker to make this high performance machine also quite forgiving. A ski with this much performance would not be possible without modern rocker to eliminate the twitchyness often associated with race type skis. Even when the groomers get a bit bumpier, a small amount of rocker helps the ski stay in contact better with snow for improved stability.
- Super short tip shape enhances quickness by lowering swing weight. With less mass at the front of the ski, it is simply easier to get from turn to turn.
- Sandwich Construction - The ABS sidewalls act as a suspension system for the edges, keeping them in contact with the snow for a smoother feel and better edge hold. More edge means better grip on hard snow.
- Wood core - The best way to build a ski. Wood absorbs vibration better than any other material, and is super durable as well. As skis get wider, twisting stiffness tends to get softer, so wide skis don't hold as well on harder snow. Wood cores are torsionally (twisting) stiffer.
- Two sheets of Titanal add amazing stability and edge hold. Maybe some day a material will come along that works better than Titanal inside a ski. But, until it does, this is the premier component if you want a ski that is smooth, stable, and holds on the hardest snow. IQ Suspension consists of short arm that extends forward of the binding, with dampening material sandwiched between the ski and the arm. This system provides great vibration energy control, for a smooth possible ride and the great edge hold. Fast feels smooth!
- FDT binding interface by Marker
This ski is available only with the Marker TPX 12 Grip Walk binding system. The toe and heel components are Marker's latest designs, as you would expect on a high performance Blizzard ski. Low profile toe design lowers swing weight, making the ski easier to maneuver around. Lots of metal components in the bindings construction offer maximum durability and performance on the snow. Soft entry heel makes stepping into and out of the binding very, very easy. This binding is compatible with standard Alpine boot soles, and also with the new Grip Walk boots just coming onto the market. New GW boots now, or later will fit into this binding perfectly.
• DIN range of 4 to 12 This binding will work for any skier with a DIN setting of 5 or higher.
Thanks for looking! Please let us know if you have any questions. We really like talking to our customers, and helping you make your best possible ski gear choices. Email us, call us, text us, we are here to help.
9:30 to 5:30 Pacific time
Monday thru Saturday.
We are your Hometown Ski Shop on the Web!