SKIS AND BOOTS 30% OFF - BINDINGS and Poles on SALE
NO SALES TAX - FREE SHIPPING (OVER $200)
2020 Atomic Hawx Ultra 85W ladies' ski boots
2020 Atomic Hawx Ultra 85W ladies' ski boots
Hawx Ultra is a newer series bot ski boots, based on the top selling Hawx Prime shell design, but with a narrower/lower volume fit. This Hawx Ultra 85W is a great choice for the intermediate gal who has narrower feet, and needs a ski boot that will hold her type of foot securely, but comfortably. Until recently, the only choice for skiers with low volume/narrower feet was to purchase a race boot. But, thanks to Atomic, that is no longer the case. This boots skis well anywhere on the mountain, and is a great choice for the first time performance boot buyer who is looking for a medium flex boot to help develop skiing skills. This boot is feature wise nearly identical to the best selling Atomic Hawx Prime 85W, but with a narrower fit.
This boot has lots of innovative features not found on any other ski boot on the market. Check these out.
• PROLITE SHELL - Prolite design is a way of building ski boots that turns traditional thinking on its head. Instead of starting with a standard construction and cutting material away to save weight, Atomic engineers did the opposite. This design starts with the slimmest possible profile, and then it builds up reinforcements in key areas where strength is needed.
• TRUE FLEX - It’s common knowledge that ski boots stiffen up when it gets cold, or become softer in warm conditions. True Flex is an exclusive Atomic shell material that means your flex and feel remains constant in a variety of temperatures. So the boot you buy in store feels the same on the mountain, you don’t lose horsepower in the spring and you don’t have a boot you can’t flex mid-winter.
• Energy Backbone is a reinforced, asymmetric backbone built into the back of the upper cuff, providing extra strength for powerful skiing plus enhanced lateral energy transmission for better edge grip.
A ski boot is only as good as the liner inside it, and Atomic engineers have done innovative things with the liner found in this model as well.
• Memory Fit 3D Silver W is a great fitting, good skiing and all day comfortable women's specific liner. It features pre-shaped thermoformable heel and ankle areas, which creates a snug anatomical fit around the heel and ankle for a better foot hold. This liner has an extra cushy fit exclusively for ladies.
• Thinsulate is the best insulation available to keep your feet as warm as possible
• Liner is very closely molded to exactly fit the inside shape of the shell. Less break in time is required, and the boot fits very well right out of the box. It is also very stiff laterally, increasing edge to edge stiffness of the boot for maximum power to the ski's edges.
This is a great ski boot for the advancing intermediate. Atomic says, "Atomic Hawx Ultra 85 W is the softest and most forgiving women’s boot in our Hawx Ultra range, offering the Legendary Hawx Feel and comfort in a narrow fit – and it’s part of the lightest alpine ski boot range we’ve ever made! The reason it’s so light: Prolite – our revolutionary light construction with added reinforcements in key zones – cuts weight by 25%. Of course, it still features all of our Memory Fit technology..... Designed for both easy entry into the boot and easy entry into the sport, it’s a great choice for women entering the sport, or skiers at the lighter end of the weight scale. Simply put, it’s a softer ski boot that offers the ultimate in comfort for female skiers with narrow feet.."
How does the Atomic Hawx Ultra 85W fit? The 98mm shell last fits narrow, low volume feet very well. This is definitely a performance fit, but not super firm inside. If you do not have narrow feet (and you will know it if you do) this boot will likely be too restrictive. A volume reducing shim is included in the box to adjust for low insteps. And, this boot can be heat molded (liner and shell) in the event that it is too snug out of the box.
Thanks for looking! Please let us know if you have any questions. We really like talking to our customers, and helping you make your best possible ski gear choices. Email us, call us, we are here to help.
9:30 to 5:30 Pacific time
Monday thru Saturday.
We are your Hometown Ski Shop on the Web!
We Also Recommend
2020 Dynastar Menace 90 snow skis with Look XPress 10 bindings
2020 Rossignol Smash 7 snow skis with bindings