SKIS AND BOOTS 30% OFF - BINDINGS and Poles on SALE
NO SALES TAX - FREE SHIPPING (OVER $200)
2020 VOLKL Deacon 84 snow skis with bindings
2020 Volkl Deacon 84 snow skis with Marker LowRide XL bindings
- Dimensions are 132-84-115
- Sidecut radius is 15.8 meters (172cm)
Deacon 84 is one of the most amazing new skis of the 2020 season. This killer frontside model borrows construction and geometry from Volkl's newest Freeride models, merging on trail performance with off trail features and feel. This is perhaps the most versatile frontside ski ever built, creating a new category of all mountain skis. It is capable of ripping in far more conditions than just smooth, groomer days. It eats bumps, chop and crud, handles moderate amounts of new, ungroomed snow, and just generally does everything really well except for the very deepest days. And, wow, it just loves to ski hard and fast!
This new Deacon incorporates the innovative construction and rocker profile of Volkl's newest freeride skis (Mantra M5, Kendo and Mantra 102). Titanal Frame construction combines power and light weight in a way that has never been done before, while the 3D Radius Sidecut allows for any turn shape, at any time, anywhere on the hill. This new ski offers good skiers access to any mountain, any run, on any day. Short turns, long turns, bumps, crud, pow, whatever the mountain has to offer. Volkl has been building really good skis for quite a long time, and there have been some really good on trail skis from this brand before. But, this is truly is the best go anywhere, on any day, Volkl ski ever!
- 84mm waist width is quick from edge to edge, very maneuverable and super versatile
- 3D Radius Sidecut has a tighter radius under foot, with longer radius at tip and tail. Make any turn shape you desire; longer, shorter, and switch back and forth with incredible ease.
- Titanal frame construction removes metal from the center of the ski, allowing the ski to have a lighter, springier feel on the snow. Dampening and edge hold are maintained, but the ski is simply easier to ski on.
- 3D Glass with 3D Ridge combines two innovative concepts into one awesome ski. Raised ridge in the center of the core removes weight on the outside edges of the ski to lower swing weight and make the ski edges thinner, for easier lateral movement when under the snow. Compared to conventional flat sheets of glass, three dimensional layers of glass fiber increase torsional stiffness and rebound from turn to turn.
- Carbon stringers in the tip area adds extra dampness in the critical shovel area, further smoothing out the ride.
- XTD rocker profile combines camber with tip and tail rocker. Camber in the ski's center increases edge hold, and gives the ski a smoother ride. Rocker at tip and tail help the ski float really well in deeper snow. But, this new profile really shines when conditions are mixed.
- Marker LowRide XL binding is standard. Built into the ski, stand height is reduced on this wider ski. This binding system provides maximum power with minimum weight. DIN range is 4 to 12.
Volkl says "The Deacon 84 skis as well on icy slopes as on fresh snow, bringing a smile to the face of experienced skiers. The integrated Titanal Frame delivers power and stability, the new LowRide XL binding with Grip Walk allows great power transfer due to the extra low stand height. The ski comes with Full Sidewall and a P-Tex 4504 base. The 3D.Ridge construction Powered by Titanium combined with 3D.Glass also increases the power transfer and higher torsional stiffness, an improved edge grip and better liveliness. The new 3D radius concept lifts the carving performance of the ski into another dimension. The ideal on piste carver for changing snow conditions.".
Thanks for looking. Let us know if you have any questions. We love talking to our customers.
9:30 to 5:30 Pacific time
Monday thru Saturday
We Also Recommend
2020 VOLKL Mantra M5 snow skis