2020 Atomic Hawx Prime 120S men's ski boots
- Free Shipping Over $200
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
2020 Atomic Hawx Prime 120S men's ski boots
Hawx Prime is a top selling series of boots, and the 120 version offered here is a very good, high performance all mountain ski boot for advanced to expert skiers who ski all over the mountain. This boot is functionally and feature wise identical to the stiffer 130S, with just a bit more flex. Skis well in bumps, crud, pow and of course on groomers. Offers all of Atomic's best features and fit at a really great price.
This boot has lots of innovative features not found on any other ski boot on the market. Check these out.
• POWER SHIFT - The forward lean can be adjusted to 13° or 15° or 17° simply by moving the power control up and down. Flex index can also be changed +/- 10 flex points by adding or removing a screw. Few other (maybe no other) boot offers this amount of complete personalization.
• PROLITE SHELL - Prolite design is a way of building ski boots that turns traditional thinking on its head. Instead of starting with a standard construction and cutting material away to save weight, Atomic engineers did the opposite. This design starts with the slimmest possible profile, and then it builds up reinforcements in key areas where strength is needed.
• TRUE FLEX - It’s common knowledge that ski boots stiffen up when it gets cold, or become softer in warm conditions. True Flex is an exclusive Atomic shell material that means your flex and feel remains constant in a variety of temperatures. So the boot you buy in store feels the same on the mountain, you don’t lose horsepower in the spring and you don’t have a boot you can’t flex mid-winter.
A ski boot is only as good as the liner inside it, and Atomic engineers have done innovative things with the liner found in this model as well.
• Memory Fit 3D Platinum is Atomic's best fitting, best skiing liner. It features pre-shaped thermoformable heel and ankle areas, which creates a snug anatomical fit around the heel and ankle for a better foot hold. There are no pressure points from the very first time the boot is put on. Then for continuous comfort, it has a 1-piece toe box that precisely follows the shape of the shell, and surrounds the foot with comfortable foam. Even the footbeds included have the best blend of initial cushioning and proper support. And finally it’s 100% Memory Fit compatible.
• Thinsulate is the best insulation available to keep your feet as warm as possible
• Liner is very closely molded to exactly fit the inside shape of the shell. Less break in time is required, and the boot fits very well right out of the box. It is also very stiff laterally, increasing edge to edge stiffness of the boot for maximum power to the ski's edges.
This is a very, very good ski boot. Atomic says, "Offering the same high performance as the 130 S with just a slightly softer feel, the Atomic Hawx Prime 120 S is nevertheless a precision skiing machine with the Legendary Hawx Feel. This boot will take your skis wherever you want them to go, at a comfort level that will surprise you. It’s also lighter than ever thanks to Prolite – our revolutionary light construction with added reinforcements in key zones. You’ll step into comfort right away thanks to the Memory Fit 3D Platinum liner, then the thermoforming Memory Fit boot-fitting process will help you find the skiing sweet spot. Power Shift lets you set forward lean and adjust flex by +/- 10 points. Serious skiers will agree: for hard-charging skiing with go-all-day comfort, the Hawx Prime 120 S is the perfect platform."
How does the Atomic Hawx Prime 120 fit? The 100mm shell last fits medium, average volume feet very well. This is definitely a performance fit, and very firm inside, but not nearly as restrictive as a race boot. If you have wider feet, a higher instep, this may be a bit restrictive for you at first, but it can be heat molded if necessary. A volume reducing shim is included in the box to adjust for lower insteps. For average shaped feet and legs, any performance skier will find this to be a great fit right out of the box.
Thanks for looking! Please let us know if you have any questions. We really like talking to our customers, and helping you make your best possible ski gear choices. Email us, call us, we are here to help.
9:30 to 5:30 Pacific time
Monday thru Saturday.
We are your Hometown Ski Shop on the Web!