2017 K2 Pinnacle 95 snow skis with Look SPX 12 bindings
2017 K2 Pinnacle 95, 177cm with Look SPX 12 bindings. This ski was an all new model for the 2015-16 season and returns unchanged for 2017. Bindings are 2017 model also (binding details listed below).
Dimensions are 132-95-115
Sidecut radius is 16 meters (177cm)
Retail price of this ski and binding package is $1125.00
The Pinnacle is an all new model from K2, and it is simply amazing! The design gurus at K2 have managed to redefine how an all mountain ski performs. Featuring K2s all new Konic Technology, this ski feels lighter, quicker and still as super smooth as its predecessors. The brand new shape has a super tight turn radius, extended rocker profile and a long tip section to offer max flotation in deep snow. But, when on groomers the Pinnacle 95 can carve it up with the best of them. This is definitely a ski for those who are looking to be off trail as much as possible. But, it is also a ski that can do anything on any type of snow. For the hard charger it is just about impossible to have a bad day on the P95. And, even for those just beginning to venture off piste, this ski will build confidence like crazy.
The Pinnacle helps us handle deep snow like we all hope to in our dreams. From the traditional up/down technique, to a new more surfy style, this ski eats it up. Super stable, and still super forgiving, this is the tool that most of us should have for those deep snow days. The longer slow rise tip rocker acts like the bow of a boat to keep the ski afloat. And, the low drawn out tail rocker with a tapered blunt shape makes the ski very easy to break loose, with less need to un-weight. This new profile makes pow skiing incredibly easy, and is perhaps the most advanced ski shape and profile ever develped. More runs, more fun!
And, when the new snow is all skied out, the Pinnacle still shines! Konic Technology puts metal right at the edges where it is needed for stability and power. K2s are famous for their performance in junk, crud and bumps, and the Pinnacle 95 carries that tradition on in a big way. For a ski so much lighter than its ancestors, it is still amazingly stable and powerful. On groomers, the Konic Technology provides a very smooth ride, and the ski is super easy to get from turn to turn. With the widest point of its sidecut moved toward the center of the ski on each, the Pinnacle has a suprisingly short turn radius.
Skis this wide with metal laminate construction have always been rather heavy and sluggish feeling on the snow. Metal offers more stability and power, but makes the ski much harder to move from turn to turn. K2 solves this paradox with Konic and Nanolite Technologies. Konic removes the metal from the center of the ski, where it is not needed. The anti-vibration characteristics of metal and the additional torsional stiffness are maintained, even though weight is reduced. Nanolite Technology starts with K2's time tested laminate core, replacing some of the center core material with low-density aerospace composites. The ski retains its original power, strength and stability even though it has a lighter feel, more playful feel. PROBLEM SOLVED!
The combination of an all new, super modern shape, Konic metal laminate technology and Nonolite core construction puts this new ski way out in front of its competitors. This is the narrowest model of the new Pinnacle series, and it is simply an amazing ALL DAY, EVERY DAY ski. This is absolutely one of the best mid-wide skis on the market. Check out the details of the Pinnacle 95:
- All Terrain Rocker Technology – but with an all new tip and tail shape/profile. The widest points of the sidecut are moved much closer to the center of the ski from both ends. The result is a ski with a very short turn radius. The long slow rise at tip and tail provide supreme float in deeper snow, even though this ski is not as wide as most powder skis.
- Metal Laminate Konic Technology removes metal from the center of the ski. The dampening qualities we love about metal are still maintained, along with the superior torsional stiffness inherent in metal laminate skis. Titanal Konic metal layers above and below the core give the ski amazing power and a smooth, damp ride. K2 perforates these metal layers to remove unnecessary material and lighten up the ski further. Now, the ski has a much livelier, more playful feel.
- Aspen wood core with Nanolite Technolgy and ABS sidewalls – Wood core with K2’s signature triaxial braided glass and ABS sidewalls give the ski a smooth, solid feel with lots of energy rebound. But now, K2 replaces some of the wood structure in the center of the ski with Aerospace composite material to remove even more weight. All the characteristics of K2s time tested wood cores are maintained, but the overall weight of the ski is reduced. Lighter, livelier, and yes, more playful is the only way to describe the feel of this new ski on the snow.
- Hybridtech Sidewall Construction – The Pinnacle's Hybridtech top sheet structure combines the power and shock absorbing characteristics of a dual density ABS sidewall under foot with the light feel and quicker turn initiation of a cap construction in the tip and tail. This is the most complex construction K2 makes and delivers forgiving, but un-shakeable performance.
- Powder shaped Tip and Tail - Tapered tip shape maximizes surface area in the front of the ski providing exceptional float in deep snow. Combined with a new slow rise rocker in the tip and in the tail, this ski can handle deep snow with amazing ease. The tapered, blunt shape tail is very easy to get from turn to turn in deep snow without the need to un-weight nearly as much.
- This binding has a DIN range of 4 to 12, making it suitable for just about any adult skier.
We Also Recommend
2016 K2 Konic78 Ti snow skis with PR 11 bindings
2017 Head Strong Instinct Ti snow skis with PRX 11 bindings
2017 K2 iKonic 80 Ti snow skis with PR 11 bindings
2017 K2 Pinnacle 105 snow skis with Look SPX 12 bindings