K2 Potion 84 XTi ladies snow skis with bindings
Brand new, 2015 K2 Potion 84 XTi, with PR 10 bindings. This ski is a brand new model for 2014-15. The bindings are a 2016 model (binding details listed below).
- Dimensions are 128-84-112
- Sidecut radius is 14 meters (160cm)
K2 offers the most complete and well built collection of women's skis on the market. Formed in 1998, the K2 Alliance is a group of dedicated female athletes who's mission is to guide the development of K2 ski product for women. In 2002, women's ski were changed forever with the introduction of the original T Nine Spire. Since then, year in and year out, through the most amazing evolution in the history of skiing, this collaboration between some of the best women skiers in the world, and the committed design team at K2 has resulted in innovation after innovation; lightweight metal laminate constructions, lady specific sidecut shapes and cores, and much, much more. Always designed to be the best possible performers for lady skiers, and then tested by these top women skiers, K2 has led the way for a long time to help you get the best experience possible on the snow. No compromises, and certainly not just men's skis with different graphics. K2 was the first to bring women's specific skis to the market, and they still lead the way.
The Potion 84 XTi is loaded up with all of K2's best Amp and RoX technology with top of the line metal laminate components found in few other women's skis on the market. It also incorporates All Terrain Rocker, a Bioflex 3 lady specific core, Hybritech top and sidewalls, and a lower price than the comparable ski has sold for in the past. This is a ski that is equally at home on a beautiful groomer, in gnarly bumps, afternoon crud, or a foot of new powder. Super smooth, rock solid at speed, and carves like a hot knife on hard snow. Fast or slow, any kind of turn, steep or gentle pitch, the Potion 84 XTi will do it all. For a good lady skier, this is the one ski that can truly do it all. But amazingly, at the same time it is not overly demanding. It builds confidence because it does everything so well. If you are an advanced to expert skier, the Potion 84 XTi is the perfect tool. Check out the features of this impressive new ski:
- Stiffest flex in the Potion series. This is K2's highest performing all mountain, all terrain model. Especially if you like to go even a little bit fast, this is the Potion you need.
- AT RoX is one of K2's most recent award winning innovations, and is found on this Potion model. Added on top of the ski’s primary core is a secondary core called the MOD structure which is now built in an X shape. It essentially acts as an independent suspension system, quieting the ride of the ski. The key is that the MOD structure does not change the overall flex of the ski, and now its new X shape increases the skis twisting (torsional) stiffness, improving edge hold on hard snow.
- All Terrain Rocker Technology – The most versatile rocker profile in the line, All Terrain Rocker places rocker in the front 30% of the ski and camber through the rest. This means you get the increased off trail performance, better float and easier turn initiation of rocker, but the camber under foot all the way to the tail maintains power and edge hold.
- Metal Laminate Construction – Titanal metal layers give the ski power and a smooth, damp ride. K2 perforates these metal layers to remove unnecessary material and lighten up the ski. Far fewer women's skis available on today's market incorporate metal, even though many unisex (men's) models do. K2 refuses to make this compromise. Even though Titanal is a very expensive component, it simply makes skis smoother, and dramatically improves edge hold on hard snow.
- Hybridtech top sheet and ABS sidewalls combines the power and shock absorbing characteristics of an ABS sidewall under foot with the light weight and smooth turn initiation of a structural cap top sheet at the tip and tail. This is a complex construction piece, requiring a great deal of precision to manufacture. But, the result is incredible. The ski feels super smooth and stays in contact with the snow even when the surface is quite uneven. At the same time though, it feels more lively and energetic from turn to turn. Also, because the top sheet wraps over the sidewalls of the tip and tail, the top graphic is far more durable.
- Bioflex 3 wood core –K2 uses a variety of wood cores for energy, rebound, resulting in a liveliness only found in wood core skis. The wood cores consist of a blend of different species of wood based on the desired flex and target performance of the ski. Bioflex 3 is K2's best core for women's skis, made up of 80% Aspen for rebound, and 20% Paulownia to reduce weight.
- Progressive Sidecut - a combination of two different radii, or sidecut shape in the outline of the ski enhances the versatility of wider-waist skis. Standard sidecut theory is based on using a single radius or curve. This works well on narrower skis, but becomes overpowering on wider skis, especially in variable conditions. The use of progressive sidecut on wider-waist skis guarantees improved turn initiation and hard-snow performance.
Power Rail bindings rock! This binding makes a really good ski even better.* WHY POWER RAIL by Tyrolia? This binding system offers features that other direct mount binding, and even K2's often included Marker binding does not. The PowerRail mounted to the ski is designed to float on the top of the ski as it flexes. This results in a ski that flexes more naturally, and arcs deeper with less effort needed from the skier. PowerRail also has very small increments of adjustment, so the boot location can be made very precisely on the ski. But, PERHAPS MOST IMPORTANTLY, PowerRail makes it very easy to change the location of the boot on the ski. Without removing any screws, and with no tools needed, the toe and heel can be moved to change where you stand on your ski. There is no way to know for sure where the best place for any skier is to be positioned on a ski. Trial and error is how to find that best spot. Maybe it is at the stock mounting mark, but very, very often it is not. PowerRail makes this easier to figure out that any other binding you can buy. We feel this is the best performance and best value ski/binding system available, even when compared to the Marker M2 binding system often sold with this ski. PowerRail offers a great price AND more features.
*If you prefer other binding systems/brands, we may have this ski available in our eBay Store with other bindings included. Click on the Proskiguy eBay Store link above to check out this ski with other bindings or feel free to contact us by phone or email with any questions regarding bindings or anything else.
Check out these features of the Tyrolia PR 10 binding :
- PowerRail is a newer system designed specifically for wider, higher performance skis. This rail system has been redesigned with lighter weight, and is wider and lower to the ski, giving the skier more leverage over the edges of today's wider all mountain skis. Because the rail is designed to flex with the ski, and the binding slides on the rail as the ski flexes, the ski is able flex into its turning arc with less effort. This is not just a toe and heel screwed to the ski like other bindings. This is a binding system that actually improves the performance of the ski.
Easy to change boot location with no holes to drill. This is one of the advantages of this binding system that we love the most. The toe and heel have very small increments of adjustment, so the boot location on the ski is very precise. AND, it is very easy to move the binding on the ski without the need for any drilling, or even the use of any tools. This allows us to help you find the best possible location to be standing on your new skis. IMPORTANT - Please check with Proskiguy, or with a local binding technician before moving/adjusting your binding on the ski.
- ABS (Anti Blocking System) has a moving track under the boot toe to ensure low friction as the boot moves sideways to release at the toe or absorb shocks. No Teflon pieces to get worn out, degrading the performance of the release at boot toe.
- Diagonal toe allows vertical release at the toe in backward falls, and has bomb proof construction. This toe piece is very, very durable.
- TRP toe with four roller bearings inside the pincer toe cup allows the boot to absorb shocks and return to center very quickly with super low friction.
- Very strong and yet light construction is very durable for many days of use by even the most aggressive skiers.
- With a DIN range of 3 to 10, this binding will work for just about any adult skier.
(Binding will be black, as shown in the separate binding picture above)
We Also Recommend
2016 K2 Konic78 Ti snow skis with PR 11 bindings
2017 K2 iKonic 80 Ti snow skis with PR 11 bindings