2016 Nordica NRGy Pro3 2016
2016 Nordica NRGy Pro 3Legendary Nordica fit in a whole new package! Brand new from the ground up, the new NRGy series offers Nordica comfort and performance in a model that is designed to kill it anywhere on the mountain. Very lightweight, and super weather resistant, the NRGy models are perhaps the warmest, most comfortable, and best skiing Nordica ever. And, the Pro models in this new family of boots also include a new, but also a bit retro, Custom Cork Fit system. Cork has been used in ski boot liners for many years, but was abandoned as too expensive for retail quite a few years ago. However, it has never left the world of high performance, and is found in the ski boots of many, many racers at the highest levels of the sport. That is because cork offers properties that allow it to mold its shape quite easily, but it is also very resistant to compression. Nordica's Custom Cork system allows the boot to mold to your foot very easily, while transmitting energy super efficiently.
NRGy offers tons of power, a very precise feel, but with just a bit more room in all the critical places to make it All Day Comfortable. This model in the NRGy family is packed with all the features you would expect from Nordica at a great value price, and has all the same features as the more expensive models above it. But, only the flex is different. Features are the same. Check out the features of the new NRGy Pro 3:
- Custom Cork Fit System was deemed long ago to be too expensive to continue offering in a ski boot. But, not if you are Nordica and it is back! Cork fit has been used by ski racers for decades because it offers outstanding power transmission through the boot to the ski. It does not compress as the when engaging the edge of the ski. Cork suspended in resin wraps the foot in comfort and performance. It molds to the foot, making the boot super comfortable, and it is a great natural insulator as well. Once this Custom Cork liner is molded to your foot, the fit will stay stable day after day because the cork/resin mixture cannot compress like foam.
- 45° INSTEP RETENTION offers a more secure hold down in the lower shell
- WATERPROOF OVERLAP CLOSING SYSTEM means this boot absolutely will keep you warm and dry
- DUAL-DENSITY FULL SHOCK ERASER absorbs vibration underfoot for a smoother ride, and less fatigue
- OPTIONAL CANTABLE SOLES allow you to adjust the boot totally flat on the snow
- NEW Cork Fit LINER is the firmest in the NRGy group. Even includes inserts to snug it up after it molds to your foot.
- HIGH TRACTION SOLE keeps you upright when hiking to that secret stash, or walking through the ice coated parking lot
- SCREWED BUCKLES and strap make this boot very easy to customize. Upper cuff can be taken completely off the boot, and every buckle is screwed on without rivets
- LAST 100 MM, with extra toe box length (5mm) in every shell size
Flex index 110/100 is adjusted by changing the location/combination of bolts on the spine of the boot. An overlap boot with the upper and lower bolted together are the highest performance models.
Call or email us with any questions. Feel free to challenge us with questions. We love to help you choose just the right boot.
9:30 to 5:30 Pacific time
Monday thru Saturday