2018 Nordica Speedmachine 85W ski boots
Brand new, 2018 Nordica Speedmachine 85W.
Retail price of this boot is $499.00Speedmachine is back, and better than ever. Legendary Nordica fit in a whole new package! Nordica has designed a brand new boot with a familiar name for serious skiers. Speedmachine is all new, but its roots come from the famous Speedmachine design from a few years ago. Nordica has spent enormous amount of time and resources to build the best boot possible for the best skiers on the mountain. This new boot is engineered with a medium fit 100 mm shell last, and our course incorporates Nordica's legendary All Day Comfort. It is simply amazing that a boot that offers this much performance, can fit this well right out of the box, and fit so well all day long. The shape of the shell is incredibly anatomic, matching the shape of the human foot better than any previous Nordica, and perhaps any ski boot ever built. The shell design is simply amazing.
This new Speedmachine 85W incorporates Primaloft insulation inside this amazing liner. Nordica has chosen to use the best, state of art synthetic insulation available inside the new Speedmachine 110 because it is simply the best product available to keep your feet warm.. No other material can insulate the boot better than Primaloft.
There are tons of other features that are included in the Speedmachine 85W. In fact, there is almost little difference between this boot and the stiffer, more expensive boots up in this line. So, just because you want a boot with a bit lower flex range, you don't have to compromise on having the best features, just as other boots in this same shell family. Perhaps no other two piece, four buckle boot is as easily adjusted, and easy to customize as this new beauty. If you love details, check out this full list of features on the new Nordica Speedmachine 85W:
- Full Motion Pivot reinvents the concept of canting in a performance boot. Not only can the cuff be moved up and down to change the angle of the sole on the snow, but the cuff can also be moved front to back. This allows the angle of the skiers knee to drive and track properly through the turn.
- Infrared customization make this one of the easiest boots ever for shell modification. Critical areas of the boot where customization most often needs to occur are clearly marked on the outside of the shell. These areas are designed to be easy to stretch (or punch) using either Nordica's super cool Infrared heat and vacuum stretch system, or by conventional heat and stretch methods used by boot fitters everywhere. There is no other boot shell on the market that is this easy and ready to be cusomized.
- All new stance geometry offers top of the line performance with today's wider skis with rockered profile. The footboard has been designed with a very specific flatter ramp angle, and the forward lean is adjustable to fit the skier's preference for a modern straighter stance, or a more traditional stance with more forward lean. Customize, customize, customize.
- Double Bolted upper cuff with FLEX adjustment allows the flex of the boot to adjust. Remove the upper bolt to make the boot softer, remove both bolts to make the boot softer yet. Plugs are included to fill the unused holes. Even the forward lean of the upper cuff to the lower shell can be adjusted by removing the wedge between the two at the back of the boot.
- New toe shape geometry with 100 MM shell width is part of the secret to why this boot fits so well. The toe box is actually shaped like your foot, and not like a bad pair of pointy toe dress shoes.
- Flex index 85W
How does the Speedmachine 85W fit? This may be the best "out of the box fit" of all time in our opinion. It is an all day comfortable, 100mm lasted, good performing boot for the skier who needs a boot that is not very stiff. It is designed to fit well right out of the box, and Nordica has hit a home run in that characteristic of this boot. It is absolutely one of the best out of box, high performance fits we have ever experienced. If you have very wide feet, or very large legs, your should check out the new Sportmachine models instead, as this is not the boot for you most likely. But, if you are looking for a average volume, snug fitting, nice skiing, and easy to customize ski boot, the Speedmachine 85 should be at the top of your list.