2018 Nordica Sportmachine 130 ski boots (CLEARANCE)
2018 Nordica Sportmachine 130. This is a brand new model for 2018, with a killer fit for the slightly larger volume foot and leg.
Besides a roomier lower shell, Nordica also did a fantastic job on the upper cuff of this new model. Other, bigger volume boots on the market often use the same cuff design found in their lower volume fitting boots. But, Nordica really engineered this boot for a different body shape. Sportmachine has a slightly lower cuff height AND, BIG NEWS HERE, they also included their fantastic Adjustable Cuff Profile (ACP) device that allows the top of the boot to be made bigger, for guys with larger leg sizes, and for those with a shorter distance from knee to ankle. This is a really, really big deal for lots of skiers. The ACP upper cuff can be adjusted smaller for the more normal leg sizes, or larger for shorter and/or larger calves as well.
Sportmachine is all new, but its roots come from the all super hot Speedmachine 130 that was introduced last season. Nordica has spent enormous amount of time and resources to build the best boot possible for the skier that needs a roomier boot. This new boot is engineered with a wider fit 102 mm shell last, and of course incorporates Nordica's legendary All Day Comfort. It is simply amazing that a boot that offers this much performance, can fit this well right out of the box, and fit so well all day long. The shape of the shell is incredibly anatomic, matching the shape of the human foot better than any previous Nordica, and perhaps any ski boot ever built. The shell design is simply amazing, but it gets better and better the deeper this boot is looked at.
Inside the Sportmachine 130 there is big news as well. The liner inside the shell is most often overlooked as part of the ski boot's overall performance. But, Nordica has not failed to give the liner the best engineering possible as well. This upper models in the new Sportmachine family includes the amazing Custom Cork fitting system, and this concept is straight from the Race Room at Nordica Headquarters. Cork/resin compounds have been used by racers inside their boots for decades because Cork transmits energy extremely well, offering the best performance when fractions of a second count. But this cork compound also molds naturally to the foot over time, using only your body heat. The end result is a boot that is amazingly comfortable run after run, AND a boot that skis incredibly well. If you desire, this boot can be heated to speed up the molding of the Custom Cork liner, but this step is seldom necessary. It fits great right out of the box, and will mold more to your foot over the first few days of skiing.
Because this new Sportmachine 130 is built with no compromises, it also incorporates Primaloft insulation inside its amazing liner. Nordica has chosen to use the best possible, state of art synthetic insulation inside the new Sportmachine 130 because it is simply the best product available to keep your feet warm. No other material can insulate the boot better than Primaloft.
There are tons of other features that are included here in the Sportmachine 130. This is the top model in this series. So, just because you want a boot with a bit more room inside, you don't have to compromise on having the best features, and the highest performance on the market. Yes, the Sportmachine 130 is a bit roomier, but it is not a lesser boot than its narrower siblings. Perhaps no other two piece, four buckle boot is as easily adjusted, and easy to customize as this new beauty. If you love details, check out this full list of features on the new Nordica Sportmachine 130:
- Cork Fit technology offers the best solution to the paradox of comfort versus performance. No other material offers the combination of moldability and performance found in Nordica's new Custom Cork liner.
- Full Motion Pivot reinvents the concept of canting in a performance boot. Not only can the cuff be moved up and down to change the angle of the sole on the snow, but the cuff can also be moved front to back. This allows the angle of the skiers knee to drive and track properly through the turn.
- Infrared customization make this one of the easiest boots ever for shell modification. Critical areas of the boot where customization most often needs to occur are clearly marked on the outside of the shell. These areas are designed to be easy to stretch (or punch) using either Nordica's super cool Infrared heat and vacuum stretch system, or by conventional heat and stretch methods used by boot fitters everywhere. There is no other boot shell on the market that is this easy and ready to be cusomized.
- Boot Fitters Best Friend (BBF) makes this an easier boot to customize. Most ski boots are assembled by riveting the cuff to the shell, and riveting the buckles, straps, spoilers or whatever to the shell. Riveting is very fast, making the boot cheaper to produce. These parts sometimes need to be removed to customize (stretch, grind, cut) the shell assembly. Nordica takes the time in production to attach all the parts with bolts and recessed nuts, so the boot is easy to disassemble, customize, and put back together.
- All new stance geometry offers top of the line performance with today's wider skis with rockered profile. The footboard has been designed with a very specific flatter ramp angle, and the forward lean is adjustable to fit the skier's preference for a modern straighter stance, or a more traditional stance with more forward lean. Customize, customize, customize.
- HIGH TRACTION PU Extra Grip soles at the toe and heel keeps you upright when hiking to that secret stash, or walking through the ice coated parking lot. PU soles also offer better insulation through the sole of the boot to keep your feet warmer.
- Double Bolted upper cuff with FLEX adjustment allows the flex of the boot to adjust. Remove the upper bolt to make the boot softer, remove both bolts to make the boot softer yet. Plugs are included to fill the unused holes. Even the forward lean of the upper cuff to the lower shell can be adjusted by removing the wedge between the two at the back of the boot.
- New toe shape geometry with 102 MM shell width is part of the secret to why this boot fits so well. The toe box is actually shaped like your foot, and not like a bad pair of pointy toe dress shoes.
- More room where you need it. 2mm wider in the toe box, but still snug in the heel area. 7mm more cuff volume, and can be expanded 12mm more. Lower upper cuff height, and more volume in step-in volume, so easier entry for a wider foot.
- Flex index 130
This is simply one of the best boots money can buy. Nordica has done their homework to bring you a high performance boot with all the features you want. Compare to any high performance boot, and you will see that this is a very cool boot. Call or email us with any questions. Feel free to challenge us with any fit questions.
Let us know if you want to talk about ski boots.
9:30 to 5:30 Pacific time
Monday thru Saturday