CLOSEOUT SKIS AND BOOTS 30% OFF - BINDINGS and Poles on SALE TOO
NO SALES TAX - FREE SHIPPING (OVER $200)
2021 Atomic Backland Carbon men's AT ski boots
2021 Atomic Backland Carbon men's AT Ski Boots
Backland Carbon is a Gear of the Year award winner from Ski Magazine, and an amazing boot for any skier who is looking for the ultimate touring/back country setup. Skiers rave about this boot's super light weight, and the long range of motion when skiing or hiking. This boot was designed from the ground up to be the best fitting, and best uphill/best downhill AT boot ever offered. There is a nice list of innovative features to be found on this killer boot.
• Prolite shell is designed to eliminate shell material/thickness everywhere possible, while maintaining performance.
• Carbon Spine up the back of the boot for maximum responsiveness, and edge hold with minimum weight
• Frictionless Pivot allows amazingly easy movement when the cuff is unlocked
• Memory Fit liner is fully heat moldable, and even machine washable. Large flex zone in the back of the liner allows the boot to hinge in walk mode
• Boa Fit System for super easy fit adjustment in the foot area
• True Flex shell material means your boots will flex the same, regardless of the temperature
• Free / Lock 4.0 cuff lock system is super easy, and super strong.
• Skywalk Full Rubber Sole offers great traction when walking or climbing
• Investment Cast Tech Inserts offer maximum strength when connected to a Pin Tech binding
Atomic has taken AT boots to the next level with the Backland Carbon. Atomic says,"The Atomic Backland Carbon custom boots come with a reinforced shell, a stiff tongue and a supportive liner that make them robust with serious downhill performance. The liner is also perforated on the base for great breathability. Plus the boots feature the Frictionless Pivot, Quick Click Tongue system and Free/Lock 2.0 mechanism that allow for an incredible 74° of epic natural movement. Unlike any other touring boots, Backland boots are also packed with Atomic all-mountain boot technology – like Memory Fit to make them super comfortable, and a Carbon Spine for powerful skiing. All topped of with a Cross Lace system that wraps the foot more securely than ever and a rockered sole for climbing (hard tongue installed)."
How does the Atomic Backland Carbon fit? As expected, and is necessary, this is a very close fitting boot. However, the 3D liner will fit most feet quite well right out of the box, and custom heat molding of the liner is an option if necessary. This is definitely a performance fit, but at the same time it is a bit cushy inside, and not super firm feeling. It seems to be exactly the right combination of close fit and comfort necessary to spend lots and lots of time in, day in and day out. THIS BOOT REQUIRES A BINDING THAT IS PIN TECH (low tech) compatible, such as the Shift MNC 13.
Thanks for looking! Please let us know if you have any questions. We really like talking to our customers, and helping you make your best possible ski gear choices. Email us, call us, we are here to help.
9:30 to 5:30 Pacific time
Monday thru Saturday.
We are your Hometown Ski Shop on the Web!