Head Vector 125 ski boots
Head Vector 125
Head has been making some of the best fitting, best skiiing boots in the world for many years. But up until recently they have received very little attention in the US market. They are no longer flying under the radar. Now, with an UBER successful World Cup racing team (i.e. Bodie Miller, Lindsey Vonn, Ted Ligety, Didier Cuche), and freeskiing legends Jon Olsson and Simon Dumont all skiing on Head product by choice, not because Head pays them big money, Head has proven to the world that athletes who make a living on the podium choose Head equipment when they need to win.
With Vector, Head steps up their high performance all mountain category to world class levels with incredibly sophisticated engineering and a great performance fit that is super comfortable. The Heatfit liner fits very well right out of the box, but can be heat molded if necessary (this will make the boot overall looser, which is not always a good thing). The Vector's very anatomically shaped shell accommodates average to larger volume feet right out of the box, which can be refreshing when compared to so many other high performance boots that are way too narrow for average build skiers and require lots of expensive grinding, punching and stretching to make them bearable to ski in. Vector is not big and roomy, it just has a smidge more space where most people need it.
The Vector 125 is a new, improved model for 2014, and still one of the best performance values on the market. Besides a more intricate graphic treatment, the V125 features Head's new Perfect Fit s liner system (described below). The Vector 125 is the stiffest, most aggressive model in the Vector line, and a new lower price. Still has lots of features and skis incredibly well for its price (which is $100 lower this year than last). The shell and upper cuff are full polyurethane, which offers the maximum side to side and front to back responsiveness. Vector shares a heritage derived from the super successful Raptor race boots. The buckles are top of the line, and the liner is firmer than the lesser Vector models. The liner is the heart of any ski boot, and this PerfectFit HP liner is engineered to perfectly complement this shell shape, and is designed to offer both comfort and maximum energy transfer. There just aren't many boots on the market that fit so many feet, and ski as well as Vector. Check out these features on the Head Vector 125:
- Bi Injected Shell- Harder and softer plastics are used in different zones as needed to improve fit, comfort and performance. For instance, the flaps over the instep area are softer, allowing the shell to wrap over and close tightly on the top of the foot. The lower shell area is stiffer plastic, allowing for maximum energy transfer to the ski area.
- PerfectFit HP Liner - A performance fit liner that is also very comfortable. Head has discovered a new, proprietary foam material that is both more comfortable, and more supportive at the same time. Although it can be heated to speed up the time it takes to conform to the foot, there really is no need to do any custom heat process. The liner included here is the softest, roomiest liner in the Vector series, but still top of the market compared to other boots that cost way more. This very technical liner is designed to work with the Vector shell shape, with minimum gaps between liner and shell, and stiffer materials through the heel and upper shaft to make the boot more responsive edge to edge. The PerfectFit HP liner is made up of components that will self mold to your foot as you wear the boot, but it can be heat molded as well. And, it can be heated over and over almost without limitations if desired. This is the firmest liner in the Vector group.
- Rear Support Tuning - Allows the forward lean to be locked in at multiple different angles, and the flex to be set to 2 different settings (125 and 115 flex)
- Flex Index is 125/115 - Stiffest Vector model available. There is enough support for the most aggressive skier, but can be skied by almost any improving, athletic skier. It has a nice long travel in the upper cuff to work nicely today's shorter length, wider skis.
- Adjustable Spoiler - A Velcro spoiler behind the leg can be removed to make the top of the boot larger, or moved to any location necessary to improve support. The fit around the top of the leg is very important for a performance skier
- 103 mm Shell Last - Although this number would indicate this boot is wider than many other performance boots on the market, the Vector 105 still has a very close fit, but with extra space in the toe box. The ankle fit, heel width, and heel/instep circumference are nice and snug.
- Aluminum SpineFlex Buckles- look cool and are micro-adjustable and designed to be operated with gloves. Inspired by the human spine, SpineFlex is a HEAD EXCLUSIVE design that allows the buckle to adapt to the curve of the shell as it closes.
- Dual Cuff Cant Alignment - Allows the upper cuff of the boot to be aligned so that your feet are flat on the snow.Lycra Lined Upper Shaft - The foot glides right in thanks to this Lycra slide panel at the back of the cuff, and the pull up handle on the tongue allows the skier to open the boot wide with just one hand.
How does the Vector 125 fit? Very comfortable and supportive fit for the average foot right out of the box, with a good amount of toe room. A little roomier inside than most other boots at this performance level. Firmer inside than the lesser Vector models, but still has a very comfortable, performance fit. If you have a very, very wide foot, or a super high instep, this may not be the best choice for you. But, for most skiers with average to slightly higher volume feet, this boot will be the perfect choice. Many skiers who find other 100mm shells to be too narrow, will really like the extra width in the Vector toe box. The liner can be heat molded, but this is not necessary, as it will mold itself to your foot during the first few days you ski in it.
Not Sure About the Fit??
Call us toll free at 1-8PROSKIGUY and talk to one of our expert boot fitters.
Our boot fitters are some of the best in the business
and will do there best to help you figure out the best boot for your foot and your skiing
Call or email us with any questions. Thanks for looking.
9:30 to 5:30 Pacific time
We Also Recommend
2019 Head SuperShape Titan snow skis with PRD 12 GW bindings
2019 Head SuperShape Rally snow skis with PRD 12 GW bindings
2018 Head Pure Joy ladies skis with bindings, poles and boots